Thursday 26 February 2015

PRODUCT: Film Magazine Cover



This is my film magazine cover. I decided to go with the idea that my film magazine cover would be based on my leading actor promoting my film on a press tour. So, instead of using a shot of my actors in costume as if they were in a scene, I went for a posed picture of my main actress. I think it looks very professional and clean which is what I like about a film poster.

Due to my lack of knowledge on how to use photo editing software, I had to result to using the very basic software Picasa to edit my photo. I edited Hannah's skin just like they would do in a film magazine to remove any obvious blemishes, I changed the levels to make her features more dark, added a very faint dark shadow at the top of the magazine cover and changed the picture from bright and colourful to black and white. I decided to go for black and white as it looked more professional. I wasn't going for the eye catching side of the film magazine cover, I wanted professionalism and perfection.

The red and white text theme matches with my film trailer and film poster. The red for all the gore and horror in the film and white for the purity and holiness surrounded with Christianity.

*ONE THING MY FILM POSTER IS LACKING IS A BAR CODE. THIS IS BECAUSE UNFORTUNATELY I LACK THE SOFTWARE AVAILABLE TO ADD ADDITIONAL IMAGES OVER THE TOP OF AN EXISTING IMAGE. IF I HAD THE SOFTWARE AVAILABLE, UNDERNEATH THE TEXT WITH THE ISSUE NUMBER AND DATE, THERE WOULD BE A BARCODE THERE WITH THE PRICE*

No comments:

Post a Comment