Wednesday 11 February 2015

PLANNING: Planning the Film Poster

I have been thinking a lot about how I can make my film poster as effective and dramatic as possible without having it look overcrowded or complicated. In my personal opinion, I think that the film trailers that have the best effect are the simplistic, dramatic ones. 

So, as a rough idea for what I want my film poster to look like, I've decided I am going to have "box-man" stand with his back to the audience, looking over at a city or looking towards a house in a field (just like the hooded girl does in my film trailer). It'll be a long shot and it'll be in black and white to make it seem more ominous and make the audience realise that it is a horror/thriller genre film. I'll also make sure that "box-man" is holding a gun to enforce the violent themes in the film. The title will be written in the same font as it is in the trailer and it will be written in red to symbolise blood and gore etc. 

The film poster will have directors billing in very small print at the bottom of the film poster which will have actors names, directors name, the production company name etc. This will help audiences get an understanding of who is in the film. I don't want to put actors names obviously on the film poster as I want it to look as realistic as possible so putting the actors names at the bottom still fills in the audience but not obviously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment