Saturday 29 November 2014

CREATING THE TRAILER: TEST SHOTS

This test shot was to try and make sure my actress, Hannah, was directly in the middle of the shot. I didn't want her to be off to one side a little bit because that would have made my shot look unprofessional and less strong. This shot makes her look strong and that she has purpose. I also made her stand in different positions to make sure I made her look as powerful as possible.


This next test shot was done to see what it would look like as Hannah walked towards me from only waist downwards. As she was walking towards me, I felt like it wouldn't look right if she stopped right in front of me which is why I told her to change direction so close to me. We then retried this shot again, which features in my trailer, with her walking on a very slight diagonal. This then created the effect that she walking straight at the camera but narrowly missing it and walking straight past.


This was one of the hardest shots for me to do as I was trying to make sure Hannah could get the gun off of her back whilst walking and making it look really easy. Hannah isn't exactly the tallest of girls and the gun was nearly the size of her so we took quite a few takes of this. The shot that I decided to use in my trailer does show Hannah struggling a bit but then the whole reason I chose Hannah as the girl to use for her part is because she does look so innocent and child-like. The whole point of my film, if it were made into a feature-length film, would be how normal people change into these "killing machines".

This was a very random idea I had but I am so glad we tried it. I decided that I thought it would be quite sinister if I had a close up shot of Hannah looking around before having her look directly into the camera lens and smile. However, I had a picture of how I wanted the smile to look like but couldn't get that idea across to Hannah. So this was one of the trial shots that we did. The smile here seemed more like she was going to laugh, not that she was going to do something sadistic and enjoy it.







No comments:

Post a Comment