Thursday 2 October 2014

PLANNING: Locations

Locations are going to be a key part of my film trailer. I have to get the lighting, the weather and the setting just right to give the film trailer that horror/thriller feel to it. I have chosen certain locations which I think will help give it that feel. 

The Swimming Pool
I have approached Lara Faber Johnson, a girl I go to school with, who has a pool at her house. I have asked her if I will be able to use her pool for the shot where a person is swimming. She has even offered to be the person that is swimming which is really helpful. I think having a person swimming in their own personal swimming pool when they get dragged down will help give the film a creepy effect and make the audience think that even in the comfort of their own home, these characters are not safe. If Lara is unable to let me use her pool, an ex student at my school has offered his pool to let me use and if that falls through, I will have to come up with an alternative plan. This photo has been taken from Google Images and is not the exact pool I will be using. 

The Football Pitch
For the football pitch, I am going to use is the football pitch we have at school. This is good as it is easy for people to get to and I will be able to film during school time, rather than have to wait until after school and make sure everyone is available on a certain day. Another good thing about using a school football pitch is that it makes the football game look unprofessional and that it is just a few boys having a kick around. The picture has again been sourced from Google Images and is not the football pitch I will be using, it just helps me get a better idea of settings. These shots do not have to be in dark lighting or with bad weather as this is just before things start to go wrong. 

The Devil's Broadcast
For the Devil's news broadcast, I will put Melvin, my actor, in front of a white wall. Then, when it comes to the editing process, I will edit the lighting to make it seem more dark and add certain effects over the top, such as glitching of the camera to make it seem more legitimate. I considered using an old shed or something similar as the setting for Melvin to do his speech with the bag over his head but I decided that if he was in front of a plain white wall, it might portray more power than if he was in a old, disused shed. 


The Car 
I know a car isn't exactly a setting, but whilst I am filming Ashlee driving the car, I don't want loads of buildings in the background so I have decided to film her driving down The Grand Avenue which is in my hometown of Marlborough. This means all the viewers will see behind her whilst I film her is trees which will be blurry because of the speed she is driving, making her seem isolated and her own. This is a picture of The Grand Avenue. It's very long, giving me lots of time to film shots and try out new filming techniques. 

No comments:

Post a Comment