Monday 8 December 2014

PLANNING: Finding a Soundtrack

Finding a soundtrack has been more difficult than I anticipated. I cannot put into words how I want my soundtrack to feel and sound and I lack the technology to create a soundtrack myself. So, in order to find the perfect soundtrack, I changed my filter on Youtube to "Creative Commons" meaning that the videos under this filter, I can use without having to ask for permission AS LONG as I credit the composer.

I started to type in random key words into Youtube such as "mysterious", "slow", "minor", "creepy" etc. However, the only tracks that came up had more of a "haunted house" type feel to it, which is definitely not what I was looking for. I was looking for something more "The Hunger Games"-esque... and then I came across the track below. This track is called "Deep Shadows", composed by Tying Tiffany. I first heard this track on "The Hunger Games" trailer and fell in love with everything about it. The tempo, the key, the timbre, the instrumentation.. everything about this piece is what I am looking for in my media trailer.

I have contacted Tying Tiffany to see if I am allowed to use this in my media trailer.. if they do not reply or they say no, I'm not too sure what I'm going to do because this is perfect.


EDIT:

I was unable to get hold of Tying Tiffany so I found a soundtrack composed by Greg Dombrowski called The Martyred. This is under the Standard YouTube Licence, however, in the comments section of the video, there have been many people asking if they can use the track for small projects like my own. They have replied to each one saying yes, providing that it isn't used in monetised projects, which mine isn't so I'm going to go ahead and use it! The atmosphere, pitching, key and timbre in this piece is just what I was looking for. However, I am going to edit it a little bit only by making certain sections repeat itself to extend my trailer a bit more as I currently think it is a bit short. Then, with the extra filming I am planning on doing, the extra filming can be featured in the doubled-up music parts.




No comments:

Post a Comment